Friday 1 January 2010

Motion Blur #2

I decided to have another go at motion blur, as i wasn't particularly happy with the ones i did before. This time, as i only had myself as a model to hand i had to do self portraits. I have also decided to start the 365 project on flickr - basically one photograph every day, for a year! hopefully i will give it my best and not give up.

Firstly, here are some motion blur images i did the other week, although i wasn't that pleased with them. They were taken in daylight outside so i've got a feeling it was a little to bright to get a decent exposure.. especially using slow shutter speeds. Most of these images were taken with these settings - ISO 100, f/22, 2.0 sec.





I quite like the second image since it's quite surreal, even though i seem to be missing arms. I like how my shoes are quite sharp and in focus but the rest of me is a blur. I decided to experiment with this image in photoshop, i added a texture, which is one of my own! The scratches are one of the plastic sheets i used for this, i scanned them in and adjusted the contrast. I also added a border which was taken from one of my old prints.


These are the images i took today, i think they are alot more effective. They were taken indoors with one continuous light source. The settings used are ISO 100, f/22, 2.0sec.





0 comments: